Daphne Utilities Education Mini-Grant Announcement:Our grant cycle for education mini-grants is now open! We are offering the education mini-grant of $1,000 to public schools and public school educators in the Daphne Utilities service area that are committed to conserving natural resources and engaging students in STEM, conservation, or educational activities related to the utility service.
- Applicants must be employed at an elementary, middle, or high school located in the Daphne Utilities service area.
- Projects must have support of school administration leadership.
Scope:Projects must satisfy one or more of the following objectives:
- Supplement classroom instruction relating to water management, sustainability, conservation, or use. Projects supporting lessons and/or classes focusing on natural gas will also be considered. Some examples of acceptable projects may include lab equipment, educational excursions, or student project materials.
- Support schools in their efforts to “go green”. Examples could include school-wide programs that reduce waste, create awareness campaign for water efficiency, or development of educational resources focusing on the environment.
- Support students as they pursue educational opportunities in service-related areas. Examples could include participation in STEM camps, science project awards, or entry fees for an engineering competition.
- Only ONE mini-grant of $1,000 per school will be awarded per cycle.
- Only ONE mini-grant will be awarded per school.
- Projects must be executed and completed by end of the current school year.
- Projects must take place in locations serviced by Daphne Utilities and fall within the project scope listed above.
- Grantees agree to include Daphne Utilities Education Toolbox logo on materials associated with the project being funded.
- Grantees must cooperate with Daphne Utilities on any promotional opportunities.
- Written summary of results or overview of completed project will be presented to Daphne Utilities following project completion. Grantee will give permission to Daphne Utilities to use summary and approved project scope in advertising and general promotional communications.
- September 9th: Grant Cycle Open for Submissions
- October 9th: Grant Cycle Closes – Submissions Due
- October 12th-16th: Review the grant submissions
- October 19th: Winners Announced / Grants Awarded
Project Information and Scope:No more than 2 pages, typed including the information below
- Location Information: Provide information regarding location of project. Specifically if project will support or be executed off school property.
- How project meets scope requirements: Please include the scope of your project, including timeline of execution and milestones. Explain how your project fits within the required scope.
- Integration of Daphne Utilities logo and message: Please identify the role Daphne Utilities could play (other than funding source) in your project. Outline your plan for publicity before, during, and after the project is complete.
- Project participants: Please provide a brief description of who will be participatory in your project AND/OR who will benefit. Specific numbers required if counting students or faculty, estimations can be used if calculating general population.
- Evaluation: Please identify what you will use to determine project success. Please explain your expectations for this project and how you anticipate growth or sustainability after project is over.